General Liability Insurance
General Liability Insurance Information
If you have a personal umbrella liability policy, there's generally an exclusion for business-related liability. Make sure you have sufficient auto liability coverage.
Businesses of all sizes and across all sectors must be diligent when accounting for risks and hazards. Lawsuits arising from allegations that your company is liable for damages and losses occurring on your property or caused by your services can result in irreparable financial and reputational harm. Fortunately, an adequate general liability insurance policy can provide critical protection.
The insurance experts at Garrison Agency are equipped to help businesses in the Guymon area acquire the right coverage.
What Does General Liability Insurance Cover?
As its name may suggest, general liability coverage can provide protection in many different situations. This type of policy, which may also be referred to as business liability or commercial general liability, primarily focuses on covering you for the following expenses:
Who Needs General Liability Insurance?
- Medical treatment—If you are found liable for a customer’s injury, general liability coverage can help cover resulting health care costs.
- Property damage—If your business is responsible for damaging the property of another party, including your landlord, your insurance may help cover repair costs and damages.
- Personal and advertising injury—General liability insurance usually includes coverage for damages arising from allegations of libel, slander and copyright infringement.
- Legal fees—Your policy may help cover administrative costs and legal fees arising from lawsuits.
For many different types of businesses, general liability policies are a critical component of insurance portfolios. Companies with operations that include the following should give particular consideration to acquiring this type of coverage:
How Much Does General Liability Insurance Cost?
- Hosting other parties, including clients, customers, partners and vendors, on your physical premises
- Conducting work off-site, such as at a client’s home
- Storing, handling or transporting goods that belong to another party
- Marketing, advertising or using social media
The cost of general liability insurance can vary greatly. Before presenting a quote, Garrison Agency will analyze your business and consider the following criteria:
Get the Right Coverage
- Size of workforce
- Condition of building and property
- Policy details (e.g., coverage limits and deductibles)
- Past claims history
General liability insurance is an essential part of protecting your business. Given the many situations that could result in costly lawsuits, all companies should consider this type of coverage.
Garrison Agency is here to help your business assess its needs and find the right policy. Contact us today to get started.